Some of you may have noticed (while others may not have, or just didn’t care) that most of the poems I’ve posted on my blog are now taken down. This is because I have begun work on a poetry book and some of the poems I’ve posted will find a home in that book.
I came to the decision to compile a poetry collection when I was looking for a poem to post and I realized that I had hundreds of poems to choose from…so I just said to myself: “Why don’t I do something a little more useful with these poems and try creating a book?”
So far, I’ve really been enjoying the process. It’s made me want to go back and read through pages and pages of poetry that would have otherwise just remained either tucked away in a desk drawer, or hidden in some obscure Microsoft Word file in some unknown folder within the mess that is my writing file on my computer.
The only challenge has been trying to decide which poems to keep, which to use for the book and how to organize them inside. Hopefully when I’m done I’ll have close to 100 poems for my book. That will give me a decent-sized book that would be worth spending money on.
That being said, I’ve also changed the header photo of my blog once again because I’m going to use the maple leaf photo for my poetry collection. Here’s a preview of the cover:
Thanks for reading?
- Me, myself and I: How easy is it to write confessional poetry? (independent.co.uk)
- Visions in Verse Announces: a Christmas Poem for Making the Most Out… (prweb.com)
- Christian Minister: Scribbling ‘Window to the Soul’ (prweb.com)
- Poems find a home at Veterans Memorial Park (napavalleyregister.com)
- Toyo Shibata: Poet who published her first collection at the age of 98 (independent.co.uk)