Hey all, I was reading some other blog posts on NaNo (which is, as I’ve gone over like twenty times before because I love it so much, National Novel Writing Month). This will be my seventh year, and I’m ecstatic. I can’t wait for November.
Anyways, I was just interested in hearing any stories anyone has about NaNo. How many times have you done it? Do you have any interesting, funny, etc. stories?
Well, here’s a story of mine. The first year I tried NaNo, I thought for sure I wasn’t going to finish. It was like day 25 and I had maybe 30k. I ended up writing over 10k in one day, and started feeling better. By November 30, I still needed 5k. It was a very stressful and rushed evening for me as I tried desperately to finish. I ended up calling a friend to give me an idea to write about, which he did. It pushed me to write as fast as I could and I ended up with 50,008 words at 11:55 pm. I submitted my story with JUST enough time to get authorized as a winner, and it was the most satisfying moment of my writing career.
So, what are your NaNo stories and how do you approach planning for and writing NaNo?
- Searching For Inspiration (allmeanssomething.wordpress.com)
- National Novel Writing Month…am I brave enough? (bcsirrom.wordpress.com)
- Hey, Writers! NaNoWriMo is Back (hcplteenscene.org)
- Coming to the Interwebs Near You – NaNoWriMo 2012! (alexandracorinth.com)
- NaNoWriMo and Publishing . . . (nfaa.wordpress.com)